Answered

Replacing Beam 2, how to configure Sub Mini

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I installed a Beam 2 and Sub Mini in my family room last week. Had a few issues with the Beam and decided to take it back to Costco for exchange. I did a factory reset on the old beam before boxing it up to go back. When I set up the new Beam, what do I do with the Sub Mini in the ap? Should I remove it from the ap before setting up the new Beam and then re do the sub setup? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 October 2023, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

This shouldn’t be necessary if you removed the Sub Mini from the first Beam in the Sonos app. After you set up the new Beam, you simply tap the “Connect Sub” option under the Beam’s settings.

Thanks, I have not removed the sub mini since I took the Beam back to the store. It’s still showing up in my settings. Sounds like i thus need to remove the sub from the app, then add the new beam, then re add the sub, right?

Userlevel 7

After you setup the new Beam, try the “Connect Sub” option first. If this doesn’t work, then you can factory reset the Sub Mini and add it to the Beam during the Sub Mini setup process.

Thanks!