Answered

Remotes not detected on Sonos 15.11 | AppleTV 17.2 | Audio System not recognized in AppleTV

• 14 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve learned my lesson.  Don’t update multiple devices and software on the same day.  Don’t be an early adopter.

I can’t determine where the issue is, the Sonos App, or my AppleTV.

Updated AppleTV to TvOS17.2.

Updated Sonos to 15.11.

I have a Sony x950h.  Arc, Sub Gen3, two OneSL’s, all connected via eARC HDMI.

Everything was working great, after these updates, everything went haywire.

Volume control via the Apple TV Remote stopped working.

AppleTV no longer detects Audio System via eARC (only lists TV Speakers as an option)

Sonos app cannot recognize any remotes.

Strangely, with all these issues, I am still getting sound out of the Arc, 5.1 and Atmos.  I just can’t control the volume with any remotes.  I have tried resetting the Apple TV Remote (by holding Down Volume and TV button), I have also tried to relearn the remote on the Apple TV.  While trying these options, I attempted to teach the Sonos App a different remote, and no remotes are being recognized.  I have tried a Firestick remote, an Apple TV remote, and my Sony TV remote.  The Sonos App is not recognizing any of the volume up inputs on any of them.

Is anyone else having these issues with these latest updates to AppleTV and Sonos software?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 December 2023, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have been resorting to using the Sonos app to control volume, FYI, which is pretty annoying and not ideal.

Maybe see this Sonos support link and the links off it to the Apple Support documentation too…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-an-apple-tv-remote-with-sonos-home-theater-products

I’ve been struggling with this also. Sony Bravia VH2 tv (2023), Beam Gen 2 w/ Sub. Sonos app v16, TVOS 17.3. 

I discovered that “HDMI Lockup” in a Sony TV can be a culprit. If all other connections and setups in the TV, Apple TV 4K, and Beam appear to be correct, was working fine before, and now no volume control capability through Apple TV 4K remote, RESTART the TV through the Sony TV system settings. 

That worked for me. HDMI Lockup is referenced in the Bravia TV “Help” function by searching for “CEC’ in the internal Help system Troubleshooting section. Use the Help button on the Sony remote to get there. 

Cheers,

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yep, I tried all of those things/resets/etc. None worked. I’m thinking it’s a peculiarity with late model Sony 4K TVs. Thanks, though…