Answered

Remote Handset Support for Sky Glass with Sonos Beam Gen 1

• 8 December 2022
  • 7 replies

I have set up my Sonos Beam Gen 1 with my Sky Glass TV, however initially the Volume Control failed to work with the Sonos Beam. I had to change my Sky Glass remote to IR and now the Volume Controls work, but not ideal. The buttons for Sky Glass do not respond 100% and have to point the remote at the TV. When will Sonos Beam support the Bluetooth connection of the Sky Glass Remote and does anyone know if it’s supported with the Sonos Beam Gen 2?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 8 December 2022, 19:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos does not do bluetooth remotes. But shouldn’t the Glass remote send the remote commands to your TV, that would send the commands to your Beam, both by HDMI-CEC?

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I don’t have an HDMI-CDC setting on the TV. I am connected via HDMI ARC port to the Beam, but the native setting for the remote is Bluetooth.

I’ve found that I can switch between IR and Bluetooth on the remote relatively easy (hold 1+3 for Bluetooth, 4+6 for IR to control volume on Beam), it works, but a bit fiddly.

I logged a ticket with Sonos for a future development.

I don’t have an HDMI-CDC setting on the TV. I am connected via HDMI ARC port to the Beam, but the native setting for the remote is Bluetooth.

I’ve found that I can switch between IR and Bluetooth on the remote relatively easy (hold 1+3 for Bluetooth, 4+6 for IR to control volume on Beam), it works, but a bit fiddly.

I logged a ticket with Sonos for a future development.

You must have the HDMI-CEC protocol operating on your TV if you are using the Beam connected to the Sky Glass HDMI-ARC/eARC port? Infrared control is for when you need to use the Optical port connection and the ‘Sonos Optical to HDMI’ adapter? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Different manufacturers have different names for CEC. Anynet, Simplink, Bravia Link are some of them.

I think I would have logged a ticket/future development request with Sky to get their Sky TV/Remote to work with other manufacturers soundbars instead - as most (if not all) other TV remotes will work with the HDMI-CEC protocol, to control the volume on connected soundbars, where it’s connected to the TV over HDMI-ARC/eARC. It sounds like Sky are choosing to go it alone, perhaps 🤔 ?

Thanks for the support guys. I don’t have option for HDMI-CDC that I can find. Will keep investigating and contact Sky, will post if I find solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HDMI-CEC. It should be a setting on your TV? What make/model TV do you use?