Answered

PS5 + Sonos Arc : sound delay with Dolby

Hi there,

i just purchased a Sonos Arc to replace my Beam to level up my sound setup.

I have a Philips 50PUS7303/12 TV, the Arc is connected to the HDMI Arc port, and tv sound set to Dolby HD.

With smart TV apps, the sound is just synced perfectly, but when I use the PS5 (configured to output Dolby), there is a enoughly large delay to be noticed (more than an half second of delay). When I change from Dolby to PCM, sync is better but the sound seems muffled.

I’m a bit lost here and disappointed by the situation.

Any idea on how I can solve this ?

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 June 2021, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

What other audio setting options do you have on your TV and PS5?

Hi !

So, for the tv we have multichannel compressed, multichannel uncompressed, stereo and Dolby HD.

For the PS5 I have PCM, Dolby and DTS.

Thanks !

Userlevel 7

Try the Multichannel Uncompressed setting on the TV.

Try the Multichannel Uncompressed setting on the TV.

I’ll try that, keep you posted.

Hi,

Thanks for you help again. 

I’ve tested your proposed settings, but no success so far :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your TV sounds challenged. Try using the optical output to connect to the Arc and see if the latency goes away.

Hi @Kornelius it's working ? I've the same problem of delay..

Hi @Mikeowen,

Sadly nope … when I need to watch a Blu-ray, I deactivate the Arc to go back to the default speakers from the TV or I watch any other content with the tv’s apps and not with the PS5. What a boomer.

I hope that the next playstation system update will fix this … But let’s face it, my tv is maybe not powerful enough to handle the Arc properly.

Hi @Mikeowen,

Sadly nope … when I need to watch a Blu-ray, I deactivate the Arc to go back to the default speakers from the TV or I watch any other content with the tv’s apps and not with the PS5. What a boomer.

I hope that the next playstation system update will fix this … But let’s face it, my tv is maybe not powerful enough to handle the Arc properly.

Okay, for now I put my PS5 on LPCM and the TV on Dolby Digital Plus there is no delay but the game are just in Dolby 2.0

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The problem lies with your TV, not the Playstation. It is not that the TV is not powerful enough, the problem is caused by buggy software in the TV.

This TV is 3 years old, so is probably not getting any more firmware updates that might fix it.