Skip to main content
Answered

PS5 not outputting 7.1 audio with arc + era 300 and sub

• 19 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

this has been doing my head in. My Sonos app only shows Dolby digital 5.1 for ps5 game audio.

I have set the tv to pass through, changed ps5 audio to av receiver and 7.1 ch and have changed the audio priority to dts or Dolby. 

I have a Samsung q80t and it apparently can’t do lpcm over earc. I should still be able to do Dolby digital plus 7.1, no? Others have confirmed they get 7.1 audio with this set up so it is possible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

With gaming, I don’t believe the PS5 supports Dolby Digital Plus audio. So with the Dolby setting, you are limited to Dolby Digital 5.1. 

You can probably get 7.1 audio via Dolby TrueHD from a Blu-ray disc though.

FYI… based on my research, your TV doesn’t support DTS audio.

Thanks for the information!

Is there any product I can use to get my PS5 and Arc to communicate directly to get LPCM 7.1 audio? Is it just the HD arcana? 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the information!

Is there any product I can use to get my PS5 and Arc to communicate directly to get LPCM 7.1 audio? Is it just the HD arcana? 

The most widely used is the HDFury Arcana. Two other devices that are similar are the FeinTech VAX04101 and OREI HDA-935.