Skip to main content
Answered

PS5 + Beam volume (automatically adjusts itself)

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there

Hope someone can shed some light on a strange issue I have.

My setup:

• Beam connected via eARC to Samsung UE55B80
  • PS5 connected to Samsung UE55B80 via HDMI
  • Setup for all set to Dolby / DTS (no PCM)

Issue: every time I switch to the HDMI for the PS5, the volume on the Beam goes up. I even see the OSD on the Samsung indicating it turns up the volume. This doesn't happen on any other sources / apps on the Samsung.

Any takes on where to change this setting? (Might be a default volume level on PS5, dunno)

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ZkiiFreak,

I can’t see anything online regarding an automatic volume adjustment for PS5, but I did fine a Samsung feature called “Auto Volume” so it sounds like that’s what’s causing it. I’d recommend looking into disabling that if it’s enabled.

If that doesn’t help, then submit a diagnostics when the issue next occurs and reach out to our support team. They can look into the diagnostics and see where the volume adjustment is coming from.

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @ZkiiFreak,

I can’t see anything online regarding an automatic volume adjustment for PS5, but I did fine a Samsung feature called “Auto Volume” so it sounds like that’s what’s causing it. I’d recommend looking into disabling that if it’s enabled.

If that doesn’t help, then submit a diagnostics when the issue next occurs and reach out to our support team. They can look into the diagnostics and see where the volume adjustment is coming from.

I hope this helps!

Unfortunately, the auto volume function is specifically disabled when using an external speaker (like Beam).

I'll try other forums like Samsung and PS5 😊

Thanks a bunch for leaning in - really appreciate it