Answered

ps5 arcana

• 7 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Morning all I have a ps5 connected to arcana to Samsung tv

ive tried everything (I think)  cannot get atmos while playing games or while streaming Amazon or Netflix etc.

any suggestions?

of note when I connect fire stick to arcana I can get atmos through amazon only on jack ryan 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

help please 

many thanks

jon

icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 September 2023, 20:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Does your PS5 have the latest firmware update that now supports Dolby Atmos audio? On the PS5 settings under Audio Format (Priority), do you see the Dolby Atmos option?

Badge

Hello I’ve just got the ps5 and did updates when I turned it on so I’m assuming so

there is no Dolby atmos option only Dolby , sta and pcm

also when I turn it on it says on screen 48khz (via arcana) when I go via fire stick says 195

Userlevel 7

I am not certain, but I believe Atmos support on the PS5 is still in beta. So if you don’t have the beta update installed, Dolby Atmos audio is only currently supported on the PS5 when playing Blu-ray discs.

But at the very least, you should be able to get Linear PCM audio from the PS5. What firmware version is currently installed on the Arcana?

Badge

Latest on everything. So odd when I play through fire stick I get limited films with atmos maybe one or 2 I thought going through ps5 would improve it but it only plays 48khz not 195

Userlevel 7

Prime Video has very limited Atmos content. And if you want to play Atmos audio on Netflix, you must have a Premium Netflix subscription.

Also, Sonos only supports sample rates up to 48kHz.

Wait until the PS5 makes the Atmos update available to the general public. I think it will happen later this year.

Latest on everything. So odd when I play through fire stick I get limited films with atmos maybe one or 2 I thought going through ps5 would improve it but it only plays 48khz not 195

As stated, Prime has very few Atmos titles and Netflix requires the highest level subscription.  The service with the most Atmos titles would be Disney+, and you do not have to pay a premium like Netflix. 

Badge

Thank you all for the replies, so 48khz will still get me atmos?

Thank you all for the replies, so 48khz will still get me atmos?

Sure.  And considering all a higher sample rate does is include sounds above 24 kHz, and the human ear tops out at ~20 kHz (more often lower), you aren’t missing anything.  

Badge

Ah ok perfect thank you very much I’ll give it a go