Answered

procedure to replace playbar with a beam

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

How to replace a playbar with a beam 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 October 2021, 18:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Beam will come with setup instructions.    What you do with the Beam after that depends on what you want to do.  If selling or giving it away, you’ll want to do a factory reset.  If you are relocating to another spot in the house, you’ll want to move it, give it a new room name through the app, and redo the trueplay tuning if you wish.

“What you do with the PLAYBAR” is what I think melvimbe meant :)

When I replaced my PLAYBARs with Arcs, I went through this process:

1. removed bonding of surrounds from the PLAYBAR. They ended up in their own “rooms” temporarily.
  2. removed bonding of the SUB from the PLAYBAR, which, if I recall, ended up “unassigned” or some such, since it can’t be a “room” by itself.
  3. Set up the Arc
  4. Bonded the surrounds to the Arc
  5. Bonded the SUB to the Arc
  6. As melvimbe suggests, factory reset the PLAYBARs, and then donated them to a family member and a friend, since I had two.  Another option is re-sale on the used market. Could have just e-recycled them, but that seems wasteful for a product that worked perfectly well. Both are in constant use, under other people’s accounts at this point, and I’ve repeatedly received thanks for the donation. 

Thanks for the info,  the Beam 2 will arrive today and i will give it a try.

Thanks Steve