PlayStation 5 + Sonos Beam gen 2

• 9 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

good day everyone.

I bought a PlayStation 5 a while ago and I was shocked that the sound is only coming from my LG OLED55C9PLA TV and not from the sonos Beam gen 2 soundbar.

I tried setting the sound output to eARC but that didn't help at all.

do you have any tips or advice on how to get the sound from my PlayStation 5 through Sonos?

Thank You.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the PS5 to the TV.

Set the TV to these settings:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Set the PS5 to these settings:

Output Device: HDMI Device (AV amplifier)

HDMI Device Type: AV amplifier

Number of Channels: 5.1 ch

Audio Format (Priority): Linear PCM for gaming or when watching a DTS-encoded Blu-ray disc. When streaming content from the PS5 or watching a Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos encoded Blu-ray disc, change this setting to Dolby.

Userlevel 1
Badge

my mistake, sorry everyone. I had the HDMI in the wrong port. I'm not having a good day today 😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the PS5 to the TV.

Set the TV to these settings:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Set the PS5 to these settings:

Output Device: HDMI Device (AV amplifier)

HDMI Device Type: AV amplifier

Number of Channels: 5.1 ch

Audio Format (Priority): Linear PCM for gaming or when watching a DTS-encoded Blu-ray disc. When streaming content from the PS5 or watching a Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos encoded Blu-ray disc, change this setting to Dolby.

Thank You. 

don't I just have a subjective feeling that the sound is weaker compared to the TV?