Skip to main content

Hello, 

My Sonos Playbase stopped working (very frequent issues when starting a playlist from PC and phone). I reset it and tried to create a new system and add it without success. The setup procedures fails each time when the app tries to identify the Playbase with the chime pin: either the sound will not be emitted by the Playbase, or it will start for 0.3 second and then stop.

I tried different things and all failed:

• Reset and then direct connection to the router via ethernet and setup via Android app: fails at chime pin step
  • Reset and then direct connection to the router via ethernet and setup via iPhone app: fails at chime pin step
  • Reset and then wifi connection and setup via Android app: fails when trying to connect to the temp wifi
  • Reset and then wifi connection and setup via iPhone app: fails when trying to connect to the temp wifi
  • I tried to reset then shut down then restart: same behaviour

I also tried to do that before or after adding my 2 Play:1 to the system. Same behaviour.

You will find the diagnostics below, please help to get this back on track. Given the price of the system, we can expect it to work. 

Thank you in advance.

Diagnostics:

• From Android phone: 1787851610
  • From iPhone : 1944313535

As your two Play:1’s did setup correctly and the fact you have already factory reset your PlayBase a couple of times, I would suggest you perhaps chat/call Sonos Customer Care direct.

Here is a Link to help with that:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Hello, 

I spent 2 hours trying various things over the phone with the support today : trying to do the setup with another phone, wifi hotspot on a phone and setup app on another phone, direct connection to the router,  changing some wifi parameters, …

None of them worked. 

I can see that there are numerous similar issues with playbase where a faulty hardware was the root cause, and these customers got their playbase replaced : 

Playbase is no longer working | Sonos Community

Playbase no longer working | Sonos Community

Playbase is no longer working | Sonos Community

Can't add Playbase; no chime, no connection. | Sonos Community

I myself had reached out to the support while my device was still within the warranty period. One of the support engineers (Marc F) identified a problem with the Playbase wifi card and did not get the device changed because another support engineer found one combination of steps that worked. I would like to get the procedure or to get the device replaced (case #01357483). 

Thank you for getting back to me.  

Playbase wont connect to S1 controller after changing wifi. All other Sonos devices do. I can go through the add or find, and it will recognise it, but wont connect. Wifi and Ethernet….

Try connecting by Ethernet cable whilst you get it set up.