Answered

Playbase WiFi issues

• 5 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all … well known topic I know, and has been asked before. I’m having troubles with my playbase, it was working fine until a few days ago when it just stopped being recognised by the Sonus app, the whole “front room” of PB, sub and 2 x play 1’s disappeared. I have re-established a connection with the 2 x play 1’s and also the sub, however mega problems with the playbase. If I hardwire direct to router then all is fine, but when I try to use it via wifi it can’t establish a connection. I will try n run a diagnostics check soon (when I find out how!), and post the result on here. 

Many thanks in advance - Ian

icon

Best answer by Ian R Lawes 6 November 2023, 12:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

See here for diagnostic: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/submit-diagnostics

Thanks

Talked to Sonos UK this morning and sent diagnostics, and they have confirmed it’s a problem with the wifi component. They are sending me a prepaid postage sticker and will swap it out - can’t fault that, as it’s about 6 years old. Perhaps it was a common fault on earlier playbases and they are doing the right thing. Credit where credit is due!