Answered

Playbase stopped connecting to Sub and Surrounds

• 7 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi please help I have so much Sonos.

The playbase is not connecting to the sub and surrounds anymore.

I have reset and reconnected everything but it still wont play any sound from the surrounds or sub. The app shows them as being connected but they dont play or finish the setup procedure. I have my Playbase connected via ethernet.

I have submitted a diagnostic report the number is 1600044871

What should I do?

Kind regards

Richie

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 February 2022, 17:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would perhaps submit a diagnostic report whilst the PlayBase is wired and showing in the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference and then contact Sonos Support via this LINK …ask them to kindly take a look and see if they can ascertain any information from your report.

I’d be awfully tempted to make sure the radio/WiFi wasn’t turned off on the PLAYBASE as well. Turning that off (or failure of that system) would be an excellent reason why it no longer connects to the SUB and surrounds. If it has indeed failed, the diagnostic Ken suggests would likely prove that. 

Badge +1

I would perhaps submit a diagnostic report whilst the PlayBase is wired and showing in the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference and then contact Sonos Support via this LINK …ask them to kindly take a look and see if they can ascertain any information from your report.

Thanks I spoke with a very helpful lady at Sonos and they replaced the Playbase under warranty. I have it all connected back up again and it sounds fab.