Skip to main content
Answered

Playbar "unable to connect" when TV is off

• 19 February 2024
  • 5 replies

We have a surround sound set up named Livingroom  (Playbar & 2, Play:1). Until about 2 months ago, even when our TV was off we were able to connect to Livingroom, to listen to music. Now, when the TV is off, Livingroom shows "Unable to Connect" in the Sonos app so we are not able to use it just for music anymore even if we turn the TV on....it has an auto off so, eventually, Livingroom disconnects.

Can this be resolved? TIA!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That does seem odd. I would at least try unplugging the PLAYBAR, and rebooting your router before plugging back in the PLAYBAR. I’m not 100% sure it’s an issue with the router, but forcing both devices to reload their software seems like it would be good, and certainly not hurt anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The PlayBar is plugged into the wall, not a switch controlled outlet?

I made that error with my old Zone Player and couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t work until I moved the overly heavy TV cabinet and followed the ZP’s power wire to the “wrong” outlet strip.

That does seem odd. I would at least try unplugging the PLAYBAR, and rebooting your router before plugging back in the PLAYBAR. I’m not 100% sure it’s an issue with the router, but forcing both devices to reload their software seems like it would be good, and certainly not hurt anything. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried.... No joy.

I made that error with my old Zone Player and couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t work until I moved the overly heavy TV cabinet and followed the ZP’s power wire to the “wrong” outlet strip.

It's plugged into a power bar. Would that matter?

It's plugged into a power bar. Would that matter?

Oh man...yer a genius. Not quite the same but you sent me down the right rabbit hole! Powerbar has a "always on" section (we got it specifically for the Playbar and our Google). The Playbar must have got plugged back into the wrong section! Shoulda checked that first 🤭. Thanks!!!