Answered

playbar cutting out

• 8 January 2024
  • 16 replies

Hello,

My playbar cuts out every few minutes when streaming music and while playing tv audio. It has not mattered what service I am streaming. When I pair my Play1 with it, the Play 1 continues with no issue, but the playbar cuts out. It is not the service nor my network causing the issue. 

icon

Best answer by DroneFly 9 January 2024, 01:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Since you are convinced the issue is not the streaming service nor your network then here is your option to try and correct the issue….

The next time the drop occurs…you should within ten minutes run a diagnostic. Post the reference ID in your next post and call Sonos tech support. They can look at the diagnostic and possibly tell you where the problem lies.

Thank you, I will do that. 

Same thing here. I was told there is currently no fix(doing some research, it appears that this has been a longstanding issue), you have to unplug the Playbar and then plug it back in. This is a temporary fix, and then it has to be repeated. 

So, it happened again where it cuts out for about 10 seconds and cuts back in. This time with TV audio. Here is the diagnostic number. 1747810868

The community can’t see your diagnostic information, unfortunately. You’d need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sadie bear -- You might try adding a setting to your router’s DHCP page to assign your Sonos a static/reserved IP address. Do that, power down the Sonos, reboot the router and power the Sonos back up.

Only takes a couple minutes and removes a whole list of potential problems from the list to look into.

Same thing here. I was told there is currently no fix(doing some research, it appears that this has been a longstanding issue), you have to unplug the Playbar and then plug it back in. This is a temporary fix, and then it has to be repeated. 

How temporary was the fix?  I have had this system with no issues since 2017 with zero issues until now. 

So, it happened again where it cuts out for about 10 seconds and cuts back in. This time with TV audio. Here is the diagnostic number. 1747810868

Just in case, here’s the link to call Sonos Support to look at your diagnostic submission: 

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Hope you can get the issue resolved. 👍

How temporary was the fix?  I have had this system with no issues since 2017 with zero issues until now. 

You are correct. A known issue for the older playbars and connect amp. They are working on a fix so, hopefully one of the updates will fix it soon. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

We’ve been having this same issue for several months with a system that has a surround setup with a Playbar, ConnectAmp, and SUBG2, and two additional ConnectAmps for two other rooms with in-ceiling speakers.  They have a TP-Link Deco XE75 network with three nodes, two of which are hard-lined together.  All Sonos devices are wired to the two Deco nodes that are hard-lined to eachother.  

We have made every recommended network adjustment; set 2.4 to 20MHz, reserved IPs, separated the network and SonosNet channels, tried turning 5G off, etc. nothing has worked permanently.  What we have found is that after rebooting all Sonos devices, they work fine for about a week to 10 days, then the problem starts up again - this has been fairly consistent. Sonos support has looked at the system and saw no issues.   Sonos, is this a known issue, and are you working on a bug fix?  Thank you!

We’ve been having this same issue for several months with a system that has a surround setup with a Playbar, ConnectAmp, and SUBG2, and two additional ConnectAmps for two other rooms with in-ceiling speakers.  They have a TP-Link Deco XE75 network with three nodes, two of which are hard-lined together.  All Sonos devices are wired to the two Deco nodes that are hard-lined to eachother.  

We have made every recommended network adjustment; set 2.4 to 20MHz, reserved IPs, separated the network and SonosNet channels, tried turning 5G off, etc. nothing has worked permanently.  What we have found is that after rebooting all Sonos devices, they work fine for about a week to 10 days, then the problem starts up again - this has been fairly consistent. Sonos support has looked at the system and saw no issues.   Sonos, is this a known issue, and are you working on a bug fix?  Thank you!

See the post from Sonos Staff here:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, Ken.  That is encouraging.  Hopefully, it’s the same issue we’re experiening on both the Playbar and the Connect Amps.   

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update… This is definitely NOT a network issue.  I have seen Corry P (Sonos staff member) acknowledge on a few different Sonos Community pages that this is a Sonos issue and I have also now spoken with our Sonos rep who has acknowledged this was an issue created by a firmware update that they are treating as a high priority.  There is no ETA yet on the resolution.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mheisey. Thanks for contributing this helpful info. Sonos hasnt been forthcoming with me on this identical issue. My sound bars have all of the issues that you mentioned. I have my sonos updates set to automatic, so I might not know when they push the next update. Do you know what the latest sonos version is ?   That way I will use that as a reference to track if version has changed.  

Mheisey. Thanks for contributing this helpful info. Sonos hasnt been forthcoming with me on this identical issue. My sound bars have all of the issues that you mentioned. I have my sonos updates set to automatic, so I might not know when they push the next update. Do you know what the latest sonos version is ?   That way I will use that as a reference to track if version has changed.  

The Sonos App updates are shown at the link here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

Badge

I'm having this exact same issue with an old Play Bar and ConnectAmp. Random audio drop outs on the Play Bar, streaming OR when connected to the TV. The Amp will drop in and out when streaming. I've done dozens of network changes, wired, wifi, etc. Nothing fixes the issue permanently. The only thing that works is a reboot...but only for so long.