Answered

playbar

• 3 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey all so I’m currently running a Sonos player with 2 Sonos one speakers and the sub. I have a Samsung QA75Q60 tv. I’ve had my tv and system set up for years no issue. Recently I moved and reset it all up but I also got foxtel, it worked no real big issues at the start, but now it’s like the IR isn’t working anymore I’ve tried resetting the remot several times it’ll work then stop again. My couch is only about 3.5m away from the set up so I can see why it’s stopped working.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 December 2023, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Joseph11, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re reset your system, you’d likely need to set up your Sonos system to recognize your remote again.

I’d recommend checking out our article Control Sonos home theater with your TV remote as it has the steps to set up your TV remote to work with Sonos. You mention having a Samsung TV, which may mean you’d need to do extra steps if your remote doesn’t output infrared (IR) signals by default.

I hope this helps!

Hey mate yeh I have had it set up with the tv for the last year or two it just seems to have started playing up I’ve reset the remote and reset it up on the tv and with the Sonos app but yeh for some reason it seem to not wanna work