Answered

PDP 428XD optical not working

• 3 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I have an old pioneer kuro PDP-428XD and have just purchased a Sonos beam as was hoping to improve the sound.  

It doesn’t have an ARC and so having to use the optical adaptor.  

When I set it up the beam doesn’t detect a signal.  I THINK from reading up on other forums that the 428XD only passes out optical sound if/when using the TV tuner (which I’m not - I’ve got a fire stick and Virgin TV connected via HDMI.

Does anyone know if there is a work around?  Some people have mentioned an audio extractor but I’ve no idea if that worked, and if so which one?  Most of the posts seem years old with no conclusion and so hoping that there is a nice simple work around?

Many thanks

Mike

icon

Best answer by Mikeeb123 6 February 2021, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Mikeeb123, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos Arc and your TV. So that we can check the current output and status of your system, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of the issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Don’t worry.  I used one of these and it worked perfectly

4K HDMI Switch, Tendak 4 Port HDMI 2.0 Switch Box 4x1 HDMI Switcher + Optical Toslink L/R Audio Extractor with IR Remote Support Ultra HD 4K@60Hz HDCP 2.2 ARC 3D for PS4, Xbox One, Blu-ray DVD https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PPMR8Y2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_8X0AHSV3MKSQSJ15TH74

.... and you need to plug a cable into the headphone port on your TV to ‘disable’ your TV speakers.  Then works perfectly

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Mikeeb123, thanks for the update, That’s great! I’m glad it’s working fine. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.