Answered

Our Samsung remote used to run the volume on the Sonos Playbar.

• 2 February 2024
  • 1 reply

The optical cable got removed by accident and now the remote will do everything except volume. We have two basic Samsung remotes and they do the same thing. They change channels, and move through menus on the TV and the PS5.

Both DirecTV remotes work correctly. I went through the Sonos app and the Samsung remote passed the test (press the volume button) and lit the light on the Playbar at the end of the test, but then it does not adjust the volume, or light the light.Optical comes up on the TV screen. This remote worked before the cable got knocked loose. 

I noticed that when the optical cable comes out (testing) that things change in setup on the TV and PS5 and I have to adjust them.

We did most of the testing with the settings in a PS5 for compatibility. TV is set to optical for audio out. Using PCM. HDMI from PS5 to TV is in HDMI 4 which has an icon of a game controller on the label.

I paired the Samsung remote with the TV and it controls the sound.

Help!

icon

Best answer by Tek_Freek 2 February 2024, 20:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Never mind. I went into the TV settings

Settings

General

External Device Manager

Device Connect Manger

and deleted all connected devices.

It works now.