Skip to main content
Answered

Optimal surround sound set up for offset rooms

• 6 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Good evening, 

I'm in the process of having a media wall installed and I have purchased 2 x era100, 1 x mini sub and 1 x 2nd gen  beam. Now my question is, is there an optimal way to set these up? 
bearing in mind my room or the layout to use better term will be offset. Let me add some texture. 

Double doors central lead in to a long narrow-ish room. (6mtr x 3mtr). Straight in front of these double doors will be the centre of the media wall. The media wall will be 2.4mtr in width. Here comes the issue (Or hopefully no issue if you kind folk can advise me). I have an L shaped sofa to the left of the double doors facing the media wall. Then a snuggle chair to the right of the doors facing media wall. 
My natural first instinct is to wall mount the era100 to either side of the double doors with the beam under the tv and mini sun to one side of that. 

I would appreciate any help on this. 

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

With that room I’d really want to use stand type mounts to try various surround positions, something temporary would be good enough.

I’d be tempted to put the TV and the Beam on an extending/pivoting mount so you could point it at the seating position you are using. Both the viewing and sound would likely be improved with that.

You might even consider the stands as your long-term mount option and move them to the side you are viewing from.

Thanks Stanley 

I’ll give that a go when setting up.