Answered

one sl’s not working as surrounds

• 18 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Help please! My one sl’s aren’t working as surrounds when tv mode. The beam work but one sl’s don’t. That stopped working a week ago. The precious 3 tetras they’ve worked together perfectly. 
the one sls do work when playing music which confuses me even more. 
anybody else experienced this issue. 
Thankyou. 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 18 December 2023, 19:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Beam and One SLs from power for a couple of minutes. Also make sure WiFi is enabled on all speakers in the Sonos app.

And that the TV is still sending a 5.1 signal to the Sonos soundbar, and not just a stereo signal, which has no encoded surround channels….

Try unplugging the Beam and One SLs from power for a couple of minutes. Also make sure WiFi is enabled on all speakers in the Sonos app.

Tried that but still no joy. Appreciate the help though. 

And that the TV is still sending a 5.1 signal to the Sonos soundbar, and not just a stereo signal, which has no encoded surround channels….

How would I do that? It’s a Sony Bravia tv. I’ve been through all the settings and can’t see that. Appreciate the help. It’s driving me mad tbh. 

How would I do that? It’s a Sony Bravia tv. I’ve been through all the settings and can’t see that. Appreciate the help. It’s driving me mad tbh. 

In the Sonos app, pull up the room your TV is connected to and it should tell you what audio quality you’re receiving.  Each show/movie is going to be recorded differently, so you’re not going to get surround sound with everything you watch.

Your TV audio settings should be set to let Sonos tell your TV what audio quality it can handle and that ‘s what you want.  Some TV settings allow you to ‘hard code it’.

Userlevel 7

Set the TV to these settings (if available):

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

eARC Mode: Auto

Set the TV to these settings (if available):

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

eARC Mode: Auto

It’s on digital plus and also distal audio out auto 1. I can’t find the pass through mode? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Which TV, maybe someone knows where the setting is on it.

To be sure when you look at the System menu in the App it shows the tv’s Sonos Room as having the surrounds connected to it? Like this:

[TV’s Sonos Room name] Beam (LS+RS+Sub)