Answered

non-Sonos surrounds with Arc

• 3 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a setup with an Arc, Sonos Sub, and non-sonos in-ceiling rear speakers connected with an Amp. I know the rear speakers and Amp work because if I set them as a separate channel I can play music through them. When I connect the Amp to the Arc + Sub as Surrounds it works in the app, but even if I turn “surround volume” up in the Sonos app I don’t seem to be getting any volume from the rear speakers. Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 March 2023, 19:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure you keep Wi-Fi enabled on the Arc, Sub, and Amp in the Sonos app. Also try to test the surrounds using a 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio source.

What model TV do you have?

I’ll try that. I may have it disabled because right now I have the Arc hard-wired via Ethernet. Would that be a problem?

The TV is an LG C1 

And thank you!

Userlevel 7

I’ll try that. I may have it disabled because right now I have the Arc hard-wired via Ethernet. Would that be a problem?

The TV is an LG C1 

Yes, disabling Wi-Fi will cause problems with the Arc communicating with the surrounds and Sub.

Set your TV settings to this:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes, as the “Disable WiFi” is a misleading label that Sonos hasn’t gotten around to changing despite the many problems it causes.

What that option does is disable the entire radio in your Sonos so no 2.4 GHz Wifi and no 2.4 or 5 GHz Sonosnet. With no 5 GHz available you can’t connect to the Sub or Surrounds.