Answered

No tv sound through Sonos Arc when I first turn on the TV....

• 14 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Occasionally, when I turn on my LG smart tv, no sound comes out of my Sonos Arc. If I turn the TV off and back on, the sound plays. It doesn't happen every time, just enough times to make it annoying. Any ideas on a fix for this? Tnx 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 August 2021, 15:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It sounds like a HDMI-CEC issue - perhaps consider switching off CEC on all your ‘other’ HDMI connected devices and just let the ARC use the feature. See if that maybe resolves the issue for.

That suggests the TV is not properly sending a signal out via ARC or eARC to the Sonos to play. I’d first check to see if there were any software updates to the TV itself. Then as a precaution, I’d reseat the HDMI cable at both ends, and finally reboot the TV by literally unplugging it from the wall for three minutes. Just powering it off with the remote or buttons on the device is not enough, it needs to be fully disconnected from electricity. 

Thanks Bruce, I'll try it out!