Answered

no suround sound on sony kd55 - 55xe8396 from beam 2, mini sub and 2 one sl ( only getting stereo pcm) Help

• 6 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Can only get stereo pcm from config as above, help please

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 February 2023, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What is your source? From what app/device?

Also make sure the Digital Audio Out setting on the TV is set to Auto 1.

The source(s) are sky Q and firestick.  On checking more carefully at each program I can see that the output type , per the Sonos app, changes often depending on the program being watched, I guess to do with how they were recorded?

I will press on with changing my tv setting to auto 1 as suggested and see how that works.

thank you for kind help.

regards

tom

Userlevel 7

Not everything is mixed or available in 5.1 audio. Many sources are only available in stereo. Look for movies and shows on the popular streaming apps like Netflix, Disney+, and Prime Video. Those apps have a lot of 5.1 content. 

Also, be sure to set the Surround Sound setting on the Fire TV Stick to Best Available. On the Sky Q under the Audio Visual settings, set Digital audio out HDMI to Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby Digital.