No sound youtube app

• 15 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi community,

I seem to have a problem, and I am not the only one. When I’m watching a YouTube video, I sometimes have no sound anymore if I switch to an other app or put T he hdmi input for the PS5, and than back to the YouTube app with the same YouTube video exactly where I left it off. Usually I have to kill the YouTube app on the tv and than it works, but sometimes also not. The Sonos app says that it’s still playing sound from the tv so that’s not it. I’m getting a bit tired from this since I paid lots of money for my setup and every time something happens, software related. Guess my friend was right by telling me Sonos always has software issues. Anyone knows a solution? Other people think that it might be caused by playing Dolby atmos sound and than switching back to normal sound. But the soundbar should be able to switch back no?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? What is the Audio Format (Priority) setting on the PS5 currently set to? Do you keep it on this setting for all content?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

LG C2, with alle the recommended settings. (Simplink and  passthrough on)
ps5 is also Dolby atmos and yes it stays like that. Only when the content is different, for example on Netflix, it switches back to 5.1 and so on.

Userlevel 7

If you set the Audio Format setting on the PS5 to Linear PCM or Dolby Audio, do you have the same problem with YouTube videos?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I haven’t been able to trigger the problem, it doesn’t happen all the time. I’ll keep u posted. Big thanks for the reaction! 

Userlevel 7

I would only use the Dolby Atmos setting on the PS5 when playing actual Atmos content or a game that uses the 3D audio engine. For everything else, use the Linear PCM or Dolby Audio settings.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So okay, the problems seems to happen when I play music through my phone. Than the Sonos doesn’t automatically turn back to sound from the tv, even tho this function is enabled. Now I realized I can manually switch back to sound from the tv. Haven’t had any problems since then. Thank again for the reactions! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Never mind, it happened again without listening to music via the Sonos app. After I played on the ps5 I switched back to YouTube. Problem got solved when I tried to play music via the Sonos app. Than it automatically detected the sound from the tv and even before the music started, sound from YouTube was played. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So update: Sonos support said, after the problem happened, that they could see something wrong with Dolby MAT?? I had to call LG support, because on the Sonos side everything was ok… LG suggested in an email to turn off some setting, which I don’t have on my c2. I googled it and saw that it’s only on older tvs. Says something about the level of support at LG. I’ll call them someday soon and give another update. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

LG told me to switch off some settings on the tv but it didn’t change anything. I give up. I never had the problem with my previous Samsung Dolby atmos soundbar. For me it seems like the problem lies with Sonos but of course I’ll be send from Sonos to lg and vise versa. Disappointment