Skip to main content

Hi. Not been on the forum for a while and I think I had the same problem before but I forgot what I did!

Just got home an hour ago and I wanted to watch some TV before going to bed and there's no sound from the TV

However if I go into Amazon Music then whatever song I am playing works fine.

I have tried both resetting my router and unplugging all Sonos products but it's still not working 😕 

Any help would be very welcome.

I forgot to say that Sonos radio also works.

I just noticed that on the Sonos Arc section it says: Audio In: No Signal

Moderator edit: removed picture with serial numbers

All of those point to an issue with the TV sending a signal to the Sonos for it to play. I’d start by unplugging the TV from the wall for two minutes, then plug it back in. 

Then, if that doesn’t jump start things, I’d check the TV set for any updates, and apply them, and finally look at the CEC (or whatever this manufacturer chose to call it) settings on this unknown make/model of TV set. 

Hi Airgetlam.

My TV is a Panasonic 65JX800 and I did check for updates but I already have the latest software for my TV.

I did however run the TV self test (using the built in TV speakers i.e. NOT the Sonos Arc) and I dont know how, but the Sonos Arc is working again!

I'm so pleased as I can't get used to the built in TV sound after hearing the Arc!

Thank you for your feedback 😊 

Hi

Power off the TV as suggested by @Airgetlam and while it’s off Check the HDMI connection between the TV and Arc. Make sure the cable isn’t damaged and that the connection is fine in both directions. Also in the Sonos app end the Music sessions to the Arc (room).

Hi AjTrek1, 

I did check the HDMI cable but no damage.

I can only assume that the TV self test somehow 'kickstarted' the sound from the TV to the Arc although exactly how this happened is beyond me 😕 

Sounds like a reset of the CEC communication across the HDMI cable, caused by the TV reset. Glad it’s working!