Answered

No eARC to Beam Gen 2 via Projector

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

My SKY satellite box is connected to my projector via HDMI so no HDMI output available to connect my Beam Gen2 soundbar. Currently my only option is to connect Beam via Optical direct to my Sky Satellite box.

I would like to connect sound using HDMI and interested in how others have achieved this. I have tried HDMI splitters at the SKY end but no success.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 May 2023, 17:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Consider the HDFury Arcana eARC adapter. This will allow you to not only connect your Beam via HDMI and use your Sky box with your projector, but it allows the Sky box to bypass any limitations your projector might have and send audio directly to the Beam for the highest quality audio.

You would need a device that can convert an HDMI signal to HDMI ARC/eARC like the HD Fury Arcana or this device.  Arcana is the original device that was created specifically to solve this and similar issues after the Sonos Arc came out, and what many of the regulars here have, but a few other options are on the market since then.  Some of them also incorporate HDMI switch/splitter functionality as well.

Thanks you both, I had already read about HD Fury so your confirmation is very helpful.