Skip to main content

No Audio Netflix - Arc + Samsung Frame + Apple TV 4K

• 11 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I suddenly can not get ANY audio to play on Netflix. I’ve had the sound cutting out issue that many have discussed on her quite frequently and backing out of the app, moving around the on the remote a but, and going back into the app works.

This time I have navigation sounds in Netflix when scrolling through the app, but as soon as I click play on a video, no sound! Not even the previews will play audio. I DO get audio if I switch the Audio Track to AD or Spanish.

I’ve had nothing but problems with my Arcs integration to other devices. Asking Alexa to play music on it through Spotify results in choppy on and off starting of the same song over and over again. Won’t play 5.1 on anything via AppleTV. If I didn’t install these piles of garbage to my walls, they’d be replaced.

Samsung TVs with eARC are known to have issues. Be sure to set the Digital Output Audio Format setting on the TV to Pass-Through rather than Auto. If this doesn’t work, you might try setting HDMI-eARC Mode to OFF on the TV or set the Change Format setting on the Apple TV to ON and set Audio Format to Dolby Digital. But keep in mind that disabling eARC and changing the audio format on the Apple TV will result in the loss of Dolby Atmos audio.

Yea I’ve changed the Digitial output from Auto to pass through and it causes YouTubeTV to stop playing sound and Netflix still has no sound.

Yea I’ve changed the Digitial output from Auto to pass through and it causes YouTubeTV to stop playing sound and Netflix still has no sound.

Have you rebooted your Apple TV in a while? Have you tried adjusting any of the other settings I mentioned?

Yea I’ve changed every audio setting on AppleTV as well, turning off Atmos to 5.1, etc. Disney App works and plays sound so it seems to be app specific. But I get different results in different apps with different settings, just doesn’t seem to be one where Netflix works. Just odd that it all worked prior to yesterday.

Try deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app on the Apple TV.