Skip to main content
Question

newest firmware broke CEC - Sonos Arc to Sony A90J tv

• 4 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Since the newest update , CEC has been broken . My HDMI 1 (OPPO 203 bluray player )and HDMI 2 (Apple TV 4k) devices which are set to “enhanced “ under HDMI setting has been acting very strangely. When I restart my Apple TV device it willl completely lose out signal and I will need to go back to HDMI setting and switch from enhanced to standard and back to enhanced to get the image signal back . Same as the OPPO bluray player . It’s very frustrating now I need to do that every time , 

anyone has issue with CEC or connectivity issue from Sonos Arc to TV since new update ?

2 replies

I have the same problem after the last update after June 26, 2024 Sony Z9J TV.. there is no signal on HDMI, I have to change the HDMI format settings to another every time and so on... do you still have this error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have the same problem after the last update after June 26, 2024 Sony Z9J TV.. there is no signal on HDMI, I have to change the HDMI format settings to another every time and so on... do you still have this error?

The last speaker firmware update wasn’t June 26, it was around July 17th. Try Settings - Manage - System Update - Check for Updates, to ensure you’re up to date.

Also turn everything off at the wall, take out the HDMI cable at both ends, swap the ends over, put it back in and turn everything back on again.