Skip to main content
Question

New Sub - Won't "Enable"

• 5 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Getting frustrated.  New sub, and intermittently I will have problems with sub “turning on” when starting to play something.  The status light is on, and it acts and looks like it is working just fine from the app (S2).  I can toggle the “sub” on and off, and the only difference it makes it the Ones pick up more of the bass when toggled off; the sub just stays dead.  Then, without any rhyme or reason, at a seemingly random moment, it will turn on and start working. It could be 30 seconds, or it could be 15 minutes. And then, sometimes the power of the sub isn’t anywhere where it should be.  Even maxing out Bass in EQ and Sub Level leaves the sub sounding neutered. Then, all of a sudden, that too will resolve itself at a random moment.  Has anyone experienced this?  Everything is up to date.  I did factory reset the sub once, but it has made no difference.

Hi @username84319, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. 

You can try the following steps if the Sub will improve

• Remove Sub
    • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    • From the Settings tab, tap System.
    • Under Products, tap the room you would like to remove the Sub from.
    • Tap Remove Sub.
  • Add Sub to another Sonos speaker
    • Choose Room for Sub: Removes the Sub from the current room and adds it to a different room of your choice.
    • Observe your Sub performance.

If the Sub will continue to drop off the system, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.