Answered

New Arc issues

• 18 September 2021
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies

I’ve had the Arc working flawlessly for 12 months or so, paired with a Sub 3 and two Ones. Watching the TV yesterday..the screen went black, sound stopped and the light on the ARC was flashing. Everything came back for a second then it repeated and then settled. It has continued to do this all day on intermittently. The setup then disappears from the Sonos App. Any suggestions? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 September 2021, 11:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well…since putting the ‘Boost’ back online all has been as stable as a rock 🤞🏻Thanks for all your help, wouldn’t have noticed the ‘Boost’ was offline without you mentioning it as the white light was on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gibsy 

That’s fantastic! Good news!

As you have a couple of Moves, we can’t remove the WiFi credentials from your system as they will not connect via the Boost. However, if you start having problems again, please check Settings » System » About my System. Each speaker that isn’t a Move or surround should show WM:0 which means that unit is connecting to SonosNet. If they show WM:1, then they are connecting to WiFi, which you don’t want - check the Boost if you see the majority of your speakers on WM:1. Surround speakers will show WM:2

Unfortunately, there isn’t really a way to prevent your Moves from connecting to the Sky Q boxes, other than ethernet-wiring the Sky Qs and disabling their WiFi broadcasts, or you having another WiFi that they don’t rebroadcast, like a mesh, that has different credentials. Removing the Sky credentials from Sonos and adding the new ones would then prevent Sonos from connecting to the Sky Qs.

For now though, have a rest and enjoy the tunes! And, you are very welcome!