Answered

Need help reconnecting my Sonos soundbar/beam

• 25 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I just got Fios set up and the installation went great- the TV plays over my soundbar just like I want. The only problem is, now my Sonos app doesn’t recognize my soundbar for anything other than the TV. I used to be able to play music on my soundbar even when the TV was turned off. Now the app only shows the TV in the living room instead of the soundbar. Help!!!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 March 2024, 22:29

View original

6 replies

Per the instructions in the new router - installation instructions FAQ, temporarily wire the soundbar to your router with an Ethernet cable.

I’ve connected it to the internet. My Sonos One XL in the bedroom plays music just fine. It’s the one in the living room that is connected to my TV that is not playing other than the TV sound.

Sorry, I need more detail. When you say ‘connected it to the internet’, do you mean wired to your router with an Ethernet cable, or do you mean connected wirelessly via WiFi? 

Is there any chance you factory reset one or the other (or both) Sonos devices, which may have ended up in setting up two different systems?

Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Thank you for your help.  

Connected wirelessly- I followed the steps it asked when I turned on the device. Then it asked me if I wanted to add the other one to the Sonos network.  Do you think connecting it directly to the router would make a difference?

Yes, it likely would, although now I’m wondering if this Fios network has repeaters/mesh network issues that are causing the two devices to be on different subnets. 

Have you called Sonos Support?

Nope, but I will tomorrow. Thank you again!!