Skip to main content
Question

My new Era 300 cannot connect to my existing Arc and Sub

• 17 May 2024
  • 2 replies

It is just so frustrating, My new Era 300 just cannot connect to my existing Arc and Sub. It will appear as 2 seperate systems even though they are in the same network. Note that the new Era 300 had been added into the same room as I wanted to them to add as surround speakers but it will never be found even they are mentioned as being added.

When I reset the app and tried to find the systems in the wifi, it will come up as 2 systems. If I were to select the Era system, it will label itself as Room2 and not the Room I had included them. When I force it to Room, nothing will happen.

Something really funny for the app is that, no matter how I added the system, the other rooms will not appear in the app. Had tried wired and wireless networks configuration.

Just irritating... 😡

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m having the same problem as you.  This has been since the app update last week, where I found my Era300 were not connected as surrounds.  No problem prior to the app update.  So I’ve tried resetting the Era and the app responds with “Error can’t connect, try again?”  It’s a repeating cycle.   Did your issue start with the new app update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Factory resetting is usually an error, it usually makes things worse not better.

Hopefully they will continue to release new app versions and get it to the point you can recover from the factory reset.

Watch here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates