Music Library Plays on Wrong Soundbar

I’m a newbie here but not new to Sonos.

We’ve had a Playbar (with copper connection) in our game room for 5-6 years. We use it for TV audio and to play our music library on. Everything worked great until we added an ARC (also on copper) to the living room TV.

Both soundbars work fine for TV audio, but now when I select Playbar and then start playing the music library it actually plays on the ARC downstairs and I don’t know how to fix that. How can I direct the streaming music library to the sound bar that is actually selected?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging both speakers from power for about a minute and rebooting your router and phone? Are you using any voice assistants?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Something else seems up.

What do you have each room named.   What happens when you select the ARc to play music?  What happens when you group both together and play music?

Could the names have been accidentally switched in the app?

Thanks folks!

I powered down the Arc & Playbar, assigned those two devices persistent IP addresses via DHCP, rebooted the router and then powered everything up. Now I can play the music library on the playbar.

The rooms are named “Great Room” and “Game Room”.

This is probably a REALLY dumb question, but how can I switch the app between Playbar and ARC when selecting where to play music?

Userlevel 7
  1. In the Sonos app, tap the System icon (vertical bars in the middle of the bottom of the screen) which will show you a list of all the rooms/Sonos devices in your system.
  2. Select the “Great Room” or “Game Room”.
  3. Select the Browse icon (music note) on the bottom of the screen.
  4. Select the music source and tap on the song/album you would like to play.

Thanks GuitarSuperstar, your excellent help is appreciated!