Multi-Source Setups: TV, Analog Input (turntable), and Streaming

• 9 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello. I am totally new to Sonos. I want to run my TV sound, a Technics turntable with a built in pre-amp and also stream Spotify from my phone. I think I need the Sonos Amp because of the TV HDMI (ARC) connection needed. Is this correct? If I just want to forget the TV, can I plug the turntable into the Era 300 or Five speakers directly and then also stream? Thanks  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Both are possible.  Note, the Era speakers require the Line-In accessory dongle to enable Line-In. 

Thank you. Just for clarification: Do I need the Sonos Amp to run all 3 sources; TV, Turntable, and Streaming through Sonos speakers? 

Thanks,

Amp is for driving conventional passive speakers. Do you already have a pair? 

Or are you considering a soundbar to use with your TV?

Note that you can’t use a Line-In connection from your turntable to any speaker that’s configured as a surround speaker. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If your TV has an analog audio out you could just connect that to a Sonos speaker as you would the turntable and skip the HDMI connection.