Answered

mini sub connected but no show

• 30 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I was very excited to get my Sub Mini and try it out.  It showed up on my app to add.  I added it as was instructed but it will not show up in the app.  I have chatted with Sonos and spoke to a live person.  Completed multiple factory re-sets of my playbar and sub mini.  Tried starting whole new system.  Factory reset  my whole Wi-Fi mesh system.  Tried Ethernet to connect as well.   The sub mini is showing on my network as connected to the same network as my play bar.  The app says it is connected but it just does not show up to be added to my play bar.   I really love Sonos but this has really been frustrating and making me rethink adding to the system.  Any help would be great.

icon

Best answer by Coleman8572 2 January 2023, 16:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Coleman8572 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear you had such trouble with your new Sub MIni! I was in the process of looking up your previous system diagnostics when I noticed your current system status indicates that the Sub Mini is now correctly bonded to the Playbar - is that correct? If so, do you now know what the issue was?

Or, were you just able to get a little further in the setup process, but are still unable to complete it and enjoy your new product?

I was able to find help from the Sonos community on Facebook.  A very patient gentleman fro England helped me to figure it out.  Essentially what it was is I had a guest NW on my Wi-Fi I was using to connect my Sonos system to.  My playbar was connected no issues but for some reason my sub kept going to the main Wi-Fi nw and was not showing up.  Once I turned the guest NW off and connected the playbar to the main NW it all connected.  I had spoken to Sonos tech support and someone from Google as I use a Google mesh system nobody could figure it out but this gentleman did.  Thankfull for the Sonos community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Coleman8572 

Thanks for updating the thread - I’m glad you found some help!

To be honest, I’m surprised the Playbar and app were able to work together at all if your network was of the guest type - typically, devices can only talk to the internet and not to each other. This is probably what threw our team off the scent.

Bothe the playbar and the app were connected to my guest NW.  it was only the sub that was jumping.  The Sonos tech said the same thing that it was jumping but we could not figure out where or why.

all set now and it sounds great!