Skip to main content

Hello I have just changed my surrounds to ear 300 ,since I now can not turn on my mic on the beam 2

Hi @glassy66 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay. Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with the microphone on your Beam.

Please first ensure that you have not accidentally disabled the touch controls for the Beam - Settings Icon »  room with Beam (Gen 2)] » Touch Controls » On. If this setting was of, please now try enabling the microphone.

The microphones on Sonos products can only be enabled when there is a voice service running - I think, therefore, that whichever voice service you were using has either been removed, or is not running as it should be.

Please open the Sonos app and go to Settings Icon » groom with Beam (Gen 2)] and scroll down to the Voice section - do you see your voice assistant listed there? If you only see “Add a Voice Assistant”, please tap it and add your preferred service to continue. Please note that with the new Sonos app, you will be currently unable to add Google Assistant to your device - we are working on resolving this. If you do see your voice assistant listed here, please tap on it, then choose to remove it. Re-add the service from the previous page once done.

If none of this fixes the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.