Skip to main content

I’m a little addicted to these speakers , and over the years have accumulated 10 of them. In one big room. Plus a sound bar by the TV  I’m told I should set them up as surround but that function is not working. Then I read that I should not do stereo pairs.  So they are grouped together in one room, and one is stereo paired.  I only did one because it said with that many speakers , do not pair them all as stereo. 

They sound awesome but I confess I’m not sure the best way to arrange these.  I know many of you guys are smarter about this and I am. So what do you suggest?  Thank you! 

Use two of the Ones as surrounds with the sound bar by following the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

The reason for not using them as stereo pairs is that the illusion of the stereo image as a consequence is only present in a small part of the room in front of the speakers - as in the listening area that yields the illusion being the space that is equidistant from both speakers in front of them.

Other than the surround suggestion, there is little more you need to do to get the best from them - run Trueplay tuning on each and on the stereo pair to get the best results if you have not done this already.

And you can play with the EQ settings to see if that betters the sound quality, although I doubt that. IMO, the units sound best with the EQ in neutral.