Answered

low mount arc

• 12 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

i was wondering how from floor I can mount Sonos arc from the floor for my HY setup.

projector:Epson LS12000 (has earc port)

screen 1 : 150 inch (74.5 inches height+0.5 inches away from top of the ceiling)

or Screen 2 : 135 inch (67inches height+0.5 inches away from top of the ceiling)

Total height of the wall where screen is mounted is 90inches.

So i am left with around 15inches from the floor or 22.5inch if going with 135 screen

Is it too low to mount the arc around 15inches from floor?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 August 2023, 08:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Ideally the Arc should be mounted around ear level, but with a 135”-150” screen and a 7.5’ ceiling, I understand that this is not possible.

The Arc being 15”-22.5” from the floor should be fine. My Arc is 24” from the floor with an 8’ ceiling and it sounds great.

Just be sure to perform Trueplay and, if possible, try to sit 7’-9’ from the Arc so you can hear the height channel effects clearly when playing Dolby Atmos audio.

Thanks for the response.

My sitting distance is going to be around 15ft from the screen/arc.

Its good to know it works well if mounted that low.My basement is already built so would be additional cost to go with traditional AV receiver and speakers.

are you using arc with the projector as well?

any specific brand of hdmi cables you use with arc?

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the response.

My sitting distance is going to be around 15ft from the screen/arc.

Its good to know it works well if mounted that low.My basement is already built so would be additional cost to go with traditional AV receiver and speakers.

are you using arc with the projector as well?

any specific brand of hdmi cables you use with arc?

At 15 feet, you won’t be able to hear much from the upward firing drivers on the Arc.

I just use an old 50” TV that is mounted at eye level on the wall. My Arc is placed on a media console that is 2 feet tall.

Use the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable to connect the Arc to the TV. I use KabelDirekt cables for my other devices.