Answered

Lossless Atmos Sonos Arc Amazon Firestick 4K Maz with AVR Sans TV

• 22 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Can the Sonos ARC support Lossless Dolby Atmos with Amazon Firestick 4K Max plugged direct into the eArc port of the Sonos Arc? To stream Amazon Unlimited Dolby Atmos content I will us an Android Client using Amazon Unlimited Music or DTS Playfi.

As of this time my only Sonos product is a pair of Play1 speakers. I would use these as rear speakers paired with the Sonus Arc, only using this for listening to Amazon Unlimited Dolby Atmos catalog.

For the rest of my Hi-Fi and Home Theater environment I would keep an exiting hi end HiFi configuration that supports large room speakers for 2 channel and 7.1 non Dolby Atmos, I have   physical HD and streaming audio content that I want to keep separate from the Sonos Arc Dolby Atmos Audio streaming plan

Id rather not replace my  TV,  AVR or any of the components for my DVD-A, SACD, BlueRay, DVD, CD, DAC or 2 channel streaming  configuration. It's all in the same room with Wifi Router with GB bandwidth but Is rather not disturb the apple cart just to get Dolby Atmos for music .

My TV and  AVR do not support Dolby Atmos, eArc or Dolby Atmos Passthrough.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 October 2023, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No. The Arc needs to be connected to an eARC port that the Fire TV stick does not have. Maybe using an HDFury Arcana would work?

Atmos Music can be streamed from Amazon Music or Apple Music using the Sonos app, no need to use the Fire TV Stick.  Plus, the stick directly into the HDMI won't work because it has no HDMI-ARC output.  Only TVs have HDMI-ARC.  Besides, how would you interface with the Firestick if it has no display?

No. The Arc needs to be connected to an eARC port that the Fire TV stick does not have. Maybe using an HDFury Arcana would work?

Thank you

Atmos Music can be streamed from Amazon Music or Apple Music using the Sonos app, no need to use the Fire TV Stick.  Plus, the stick directly into the HDMI won't work because it has no HDMI-ARC output.  Only TVs have HDMI-ARC.  Besides, how would you interface with the Firestick if it has no display?

You can confirm that the Sonos App can stream Lossless Dolby Atmos from Amazon Unlimited.

You can confirm that the Sonos App can stream Lossless Dolby Atmos from Amazon Unlimited.

I do it all the time.  The search facility can't find the content easily, but it plays just fine.

I do it all the time.  The search facility can't find the content easily, but it plays just fine.

Thank you. Sounds like the easiest solution to add a very large  Dolby Atmos Music Catalog to my listening  environment.