Answered

Lock screen controls (revisited)

• 31 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I don’t have AppleTV, so I’m trying to understand what other AirPlay devices might be conflicting with the ability for the S2 app to display controls on my iOS lock-screen. It’s strange: sometimes the controls appear on my lock screen, sometimes they don’t. I haven’t been able to discern any logic as to when they do / don’t. For instance: right now, I have my iPhone and my iPad active, but without any AirPlay-eligible apps open. And an LG TV (to which my Beam is attached via HDMI ARC) sitting passively / off. And yet the lock screen controls won't show on my iPhone, as they were doing earlier today. I can imagine this is an iOS problem, rather than a Sonos problem (since, mysteriously, sometimes my Timer will appear on my lock screen, and sometimes it won’t). But, just in case there’s an easy fix: I figured I’d ask.. Many thanks..

icon

Best answer by ClausN 31 December 2020, 08:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Has AirPlay been deactivated in your LG tv?

Guess you already read about the requirements/limitations here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Has AirPlay been deactivated in your LG tv?

Guess you already read about the requirements/limitations here?

No, AirPlay is still active on the TV, although the set is turned off. Does it continue to have effects running in some kind of silent/latent mode? With everything remaining identical this morning, the lock screen controls do now work. Or: is this the concern when AirPlay devices aren’t explicitly turned-off? I.e. that there’s wild inconsistency as to when/if the lock screen controls work?

I would try deactivating AirPlay in the TV and any other devices and see how that works. I have deactivated AirPlay in my TV and Apple TV, and lock screen control works fine on my IPhone when music has been started from the IPhone. Otherwise I can activate it by force closing and restarting the Sonos app.