Skip to main content

Lip sync setting - why is this a setting?

• 20 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I connected my sub, Era speakers, and the arc last week. Since that time, audio or video has been out of sync whereas it was perfect before removing my old system in which all speakers were wired to a receiver.

The lip sync setting slider is all the way to the left. Is there a situation where this would even need to be adjusted to the right? Can an additional delay be added so that there's almost no delay at all with the audio?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I connected my sub, Era speakers, and the arc last week. Since that time, audio or video has been out of sync whereas it was perfect before removing my old system in which all speakers were wired to a receiver.

The lip sync setting slider is all the way to the left. Is there a situation where this would even need to be adjusted to the right? Can an additional delay be added so that there's almost no delay at all with the audio?

In my opinion, what’s really needed is a setting on TVs for a video delay. The time is needed to process the audio, which is why lip sync issues exist - it’s the audio lagging behind the video. 

In my opinion, what’s really needed is a setting on TVs for a video delay. The time is needed to process the audio, which is why lip sync issues exist - it’s the audio lagging behind the video. 

Ok, so then I was correct in my initial thought process where I posted a message about audio sync issues. I had been going back and forth over the past couple of days trying to figure out if what I am expieriencing was the audio lag or the video lag. 

Unfortunately, from Sonos support I could not get any help on this. Everything was fine until I changed my wired system to a Sonos-based system.