LG OLED55B7V+Beam with surround+Nintendo Switch = No surround

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi. 

I have a LG B7 OLED with a Beam gen 1 and two Sonos Ones for surround. 
It works great with my other consoles, but not the Switch. 
I have looked up different solutions on these forums, but the suggested settings doesn’t apply to my TV, I think. I’m not sure. Most of the answers corresponds to a LG C3.

If someone has any experience with this kind of setup, I would really appreciate the help. It’s got eArc and such. 

Thank you! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

On the TV, what is Digital Sound Out currently set to? What about DTV Audio Settings? What other options do you have under each of these settings?

Is there a HDMI Input Audio Format setting available on the TV?

Have you set the TV Sound setting on the Switch to Surround?

FYI… I’m pretty sure the B7 only has HDMI ARC not eARC.

Badge

My Sound out is set to: Audio out (optical/HDMI Arc) under digital sound it’s on auto instead of PCM. Simplink is on.

other options: 

LG sound sync (optical)

LG sound sync bluetooth

Audio out (line out)

Wired headphones 

DTV Audio settings further down is set to Auto, with a grey check mark on MPEG

Other options: 

Dolby Digital

Dolby Digital Plus

HE-AAC

I can’t find an HDMI IAF anywhere. 

When I tried it out, I set the switch to surround. I got the sound test with sound from left and right, but silence for the rest. 

You are right about eArc and Arc.. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7

Try setting DTV Audio Settings to Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus.

I think what is happening is the Nintendo Switch uses LPCM audio. Only a TV equipped with eARC can pass through LPCM audio. This is why you are limited to Stereo PCM.

Badge

Unfortunately, neither of those Dolbys worked.. 

I’m trying to find out why Sound mode settings, which is set to Standard (user), is greyed out.