Answered

LG G3 -> Sonos Arc : Atmos audio not working

• 12 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Seen plenty of similar topics but none that quite hit the mark for me. 

I have an LG G3 connected to a Sonos Arc. I’ve tested Atmos streams from Apple TV and from my Sony UBP-X700. 

No matter what I try I cannot get Atmos audio to work. The TV itself confirms the Atmos stream is sending to the soundbar. eARC is enabled. I’ve tried multiple HDMI cables, including a brand new 8k cable. 

The Sonos app reports the stream as:

Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1

No sound is audible.

The LG audio settings:

HDMI input: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Passthrough

eARC Support: enabled

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 August 2023, 08:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure the Apple TV audio settings are set to this:

Change Format: OFF

Dolby Atmos: ON

And the Blu-ray player is set to these settings:

Digital Audio Output: AUTO

BD Secondary Audio: OFF

Audio DRC: OFF

What exactly are you watching on the Apple TV 4K and Blu-ray player?

Hi thanks. Yes, those are my settings yes. I discovered this problem while trying to watch the new Enter the Dragon UHD Bluray. And then confirmed it with Mandalorian on Disney+

Userlevel 7

Double check the TV settings and make sure they are set to this:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Also check if the TV has the latest software installed.

Then do this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV and X700 to the TV.