Answered

latest software update broke my 5.1 system

Badge

Music, movies, nothing is using my surrounds + sub.

Sound is only coming from the Arc.

Seriously? What the hell is going on? Why do I have a $2,000 home theater setup that can be broken by idiotic software engineers at Sonos?

Edit: called support and they restarted my system from their end. Everything appears to be working for now...

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 May 2022, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m sure with that kind of tone, lots of people at Sonos would be rushing to assist you.

If you don’t think it’s the issue being discussed in this thread:

then I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

I’m sure with that kind of tone, lots of people at Sonos would be rushing to assist you.

If you don’t think it’s the issue being discussed in this thread:

then I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

It’s a $2,000 system. After amateur software rollouts like this, they better get used to people’s tones like this. I called support, and they restarted my system from their end. So far, it works again. Who knows how long it will last.

You may be frustrated, and that’s understandable. 

But I’m not convinced about “amateur software rollouts” as I’m certainly not experiencing any issues on either of my two Arc systems, running S2. Or any other of the 16+ speakers in my system. But if you feel like there’s ongoing issues, I’d encourage you to continue to speak with Sonos CS directly.