Skip to main content

It's kinda ironic

• 28 May 2024
  • 2 replies

For context; I'm still on 16.1 with my app and speakers. I also prevented auto update and any communication between my system and Sonos through my DNS resolver ( except audio).

I wanted to buy some extra surround speakers for my office. But since I probably encounter issues when adding surround speakers with the "old" app, I suspend the buy. Because I would like to keep a good functioning system.

So Sonos f'ed up the new app and because of it it also lost my sales. And like this I will never buy the Ace…

Good job mr. Pence. With your short term vision! But hey! Everything for black numbers on the reports and shareholders!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For context; I'm still on 16.1 with my app and speakers. I also prevented auto update and any communication between my system and Sonos through my DNS resolver ( except audio).

I wanted to buy some extra surround speakers for my office. But since I probably encounter issues when adding surround speakers with the "old" app, I suspend the buy. Because I would like to keep a good functioning system.

So Sonos f'ed up the new app and because of it it also lost my sales. And like this I will never buy the Ace…

Good job mr. Pence. With your short term vision! But hey! Everything for black numbers on the reports and shareholders!

But once the app is sorted in the coming weeks, you’ll then buy the new surrounds, so that’s only very transient self-empowerment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

But once the app is sorted in the coming weeks, you’ll then buy the new surrounds, so that’s only very transient self-empowerment. 

Yes, when it's sorted. But we all know this will take longer then they communicated. 

It's always more complex then expected and there are other priorities as well.