Answered

Issues Connecting DirecTV Satellite With Sonos ARC

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I installed an ARC with 2 OneSL speakers on my DirecTV satellite system a few years ago with no issues.  I had to replace my internet home gateway and DirecTV set top box just recently due to a bad electrical storm in the area.

DirecTV sent a technician out after I replaced the fiber gateway to replace my set top.  The video works fine, buy I cannot properly reconnect my Sonos system after running through the DirecTV remote set up menus.  I’ve made several attempts, and had their technical support on the line during these attempts.

The ARC is not listed on DirecTV’s audio set up menu list, and I’ve tried all other choices with no luck.  Any help this forum can offer will be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 June 2023, 04:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’m not sure I understand. You don’t connect any Sonos to the DirectTV box, you connect the Sonos system to the TV set, via an HDMI cable to the TV’s ARC port.