Question

Issue with Play 1's when set up as surround sound with Playbar and Subwoofer

• 18 October 2020
  • 3 replies

My two play ones have been working fine but recently stopped. I’ve reset  as individuals and then  a stereo pair and work fine but as soon as add them as a surround sound they stop working (no sound) and the revert to the green blinking lights. Can anyone offer any advice.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.  Is your Playbar connected to your network wirelessly or by Ethernet cable?

One thing you might try is to power off your router and Sonos speakers.  Power the router back on and let it come fully back.  Then power on any Sonos speakers that are wired (if any), then Playbar, then other Sonos.

In addition, it might be worth turning the off the WiFi in the room’s settings, then turning it back on, since the surrounds connect to the PLAYBAR via WiFi, and not your own WiFi signal. Toggling those settings might help, in case there’s an issue in the software. 

Thanks both. None of that worked so looks like I'll need to contact Sonos directly 🙄😏