Is the Sonos Ray right for my setup?

• 11 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Was thinking about picking up the Ray. I currently have a Sonos amp, with Bronze Audio bookshelf speakers. The amp is connected to my TV via the hdmi arc. Will this set up get any benefit from the Ray?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I will start by saying I haven’t heard the Ray, however, I don’t think replacing the Amp with the Ray will be an improvement.

With the Ray, you could use the Amp/Bronze Audio bookshelf speakers as rear surrounds, so that would be one benefit of adding a soundbar.

You can’t add the Ray as just the centre channel. What are you looking to achieve by adding the Ray?

Badge

I suppose I was keen to see if a soundbar would improve my current set up. 

I use my current set up for listening to music and watching TV.

I couldn’t use my Bronze Audio as surround sound speakers due to space restrictions  

The the Ray would ‘replace’ your Amp as the TV speakers, and you would use the Ray for TV and the Amp for music. The Ray has three distinct channels in it, front right, front center, and front left. 

‘Improve’ is a judgement thing. I’d likely say yes, but others would say no, and we’d both be right. What matters is your perception. Sonos has a return policy when you purchase directly from them, so you could certainly try it out.