IR REMOTE CONTROL NOT WORK WITH SONOS BAR RAY

• 31 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Case number 1.   TV samsung 75” is installed at the top of the wall , Near the ceiling.

Sonos Ray bar is installed 15 cmts under Tv. With this conditions, the IR remote control, not work. Only when you are in front and at level of the bar with de remote in your hand.

If you are sitting at the couch or lying on the bed, the IR remote control will not work, at any angle , even  if you are exactly at the front of  the bar .

An IR remote control will not work with sound bar model RAY , if the SONOS bar RAY will instal at  high of 1.40 to 1.50 cmts of  rhe floor level . 

To fix this problem, you must to use an IR repeater and install IR “eye” in front of IR reciver Sonos Bar. with this solution, you will not have any problems to volume control of the Sound Bar.

If the sound Bar Ray, is installed at 30 to 45 cmts fron the level floor, You will not have any problem with volume control.,  You can up or down de volume from any angle..

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you for sharing a solution to this somewhat unique use case. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For what it’s worth, in my experience most recent Samsung remotes do not do ir. When you choose ir it’s not the remote that wil emit ir, but the TV or the Connect box. Instead of having a line of site between remote and soundbar, you’d need to establish a line of site between soundbar and TV or Connect box.

If this is also the case with the TV TS is using, I suppose the reason the remote works from really close distance would be ir bouncing off your body and reaching the Ray that way.

The problema was fixed. I’m installed an IR repeater that I bought at Amazon in $ 10 dollars.

Now, the SONOS Ray bar, works.