Answered

internet failure

• 1 February 2023
  • 4 replies

If the internet goes down, can I still use my Arc, Sub and SL One surround speakers?  Or do they always have to have internet to work correctly?

I have the system all set up and working properly, and have 700 mbps on my internet down and up speeds with fiber, but was wondering if I’d lose the use of the speaker system during an internet failure.

If I understand correctly, my Arc should work fine with the EArc hdmi to the TV, but will the sub and SL one surround speakers continue working without the internet?  My apologies if I’m sounding redundant with my question, I just wanted to clarify. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 February 2023, 19:21

View original

4 replies

Your system does not need the internet to function, and it doesn’t even need to be connected to WiFi for the TV function to work.  It does need an internet connection for initial setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The internal links between the speakers and especially the surrounds and Sub (that use a dedicated 5Ghz link) will work without internet.

Your system does not need the internet to function, and it doesn’t even need to be connected to WiFi for the TV function to work.  It does need an internet connection for initial setup. 

Thank you 

The internal links between the speakers and especially the surrounds and Sub (that use a dedicated 5Ghz link) will work without internet.

Thank you