Installation of the Arc + Sub + 2 x Era 300 as a home theatre / music room

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I'm just building a house at the moment and planning a home theatre room with new Sonos gear - Arc, sub and 2 Era 300s . On the installation front, I’ve been reading reviews this morning and one indicated a need for ethernet cable connections to fix a lag between the Arc and the Era 300s and sub (https://cybershack.com.au/reviews/sonos-era-300-as-rears-to-the-sonos-arc-superb-dolby-atmos-7-1-4-review/?unapproved=60193&moderation-hash=9d98285680f738e006005efc5e7695f2#comment-60193).

The Arc will be connected to the TV with an eArc HDMI cable. The TV will be connected to the router with an ethernet cable. I wasn't planning on connecting any of the 4 Sonos speakers via ethernet, instead I was planning on just relying on wifi connection (as I have for all my current existing and past Sonos gear). Based on the review above, that could be a problem. Do others agree and, if so, should I provision an ethernet cable back to the main router, or is there some way of directly connecting the Arc, Era 300s and sub together? Thanks so much in advance! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I don't agree.  I've had my Arc both connected to Ethernet and wireless, with no lag whatsoever in either mode.  

I could swear this is a duplicate of 

Thanks jgatie - just checking that you have the arc with era rears all working seamlessly without being wired? I’ve had Sonos playbars working perfectly with other Sonos speakers and components for music previously, just never for home theatre inputs, where the TV picture and soundbar and wifi rears need to be perfectly in time.

And yes this is the same question that i posted on a previous topic. I didnt know if it would get picked up there so i took the liberty of doing a fresh post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

And yes this is the same question that i posted on a previous topic. I didnt know if it would get picked up there so i took the liberty of doing a fresh post. 

Closing this thread as a duplicate of